With more than 17 years experience building web sites, including 13 years programming and application development experience, I am dependable, possess a strong work ethic and have an ability to turn complex problems and business rules into practical applications.
- Complex Web Applications, Database Design, Systems Analysis, E-Commerce
- LAMP developer proficient in: PHP/MySQL, MVC Frameworks (Laravel 4, Kohana), jQuery, Git/SVN
- Familiar with: Agile, Backbone JS, Underscore JS, Java, C++, Rails
- Managing and directing a team of six software developers across three project teams.
- Evaluating employee performance.
- Setting expectations and goals for department and individual developers.
- Recruiting, interviewing and coaching of developers
- Establishing and socializing common best development practices across all project teams.
- Maintaining a high level view into all development projects and providing dev lead support, when needed.
- Making recommendations for developer project assignments/workload balance.
- Contributing on an individual level, when needed.
- Heavily involved with enabling and supporting product team executives and management across Offering Management, Engineering, and Design globally
- Enabling the global FED@IBM community on:
- Understanding user needs, and exploring user-centered designs
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting front-end code
- Identifying and addressing design, development, and delivery performance bottlenecks
- Actively participating in code and design reviews, pair design, and pair programming activities
- Coaching, educating, and advocating FED best practices
- Development lead for team of engineers
- Launched NodeJS microservice for REST API documentation
- Accessibility focal point for product UI
- Provide guidance to designers and front end developers for accessibility compliance
- Co-facilitated design thinking workshop
- Project lead role for multiple complex web application development projects including e-commerce and other third party integration
- Piloted junior developer mentor program which involved overseeing development from estimate to launch
- Lead Developer, Project Management, Systems Analysis, Application Design, Quality Assurance
- Managed the development of multiple complex database driven online applications with e-commerce
- Designed and built websites for a variety of businesses
- Built online registration system for a dance school
- Integrated shopping carts, autoresponders, and multiple third-party applications
- Planned events for 600+ scouts
- 2013-2014 Oak Hill Service Unit Outstanding Volunteer award
- 2012 Pat Dugan Girl Scouts of Central Texas distinguished volunteer award recipient
- Oak Hill Service Unit Cookie Booth Manager – managed cookie booth assignments for 80 troops at 70-120 daily booth time slots, created web application with troop login to facilitate assignments (ohsucookies.com)
- Troop Cookie Manager and Troop leader
- Neighborhood Manager - managed 70 troop leaders and neighborhood events, facilitated leader meetings
- Troop leader, troop cookie manager
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Computer Science & Engineering
- 3.12 GPA, 3.26 Major GPA, Dean’s List, Member of Association for Computing Machinery